By Steve Seow
Further readingRelease of Daml Connect 1.11.1 Release of Daml Connect 1.11.0 Release of Daml Connect 1.11.2 Release of Daml Connect 1.14.2 Release of Daml Connect 1.17.1
Release of Daml Connect 1.11.3
By Steve Seow. Dec 8, 2021
Daml Connect 1.11.3 has been released.
- Improvements to the observability of the HTTP-JSON API:
- All of the additional metrics and logging added to Daml up to the 1.18.0 release have been backported to this version
- The HTTP-JSON API can be configured to use JSON as its logging format with the
--log-encoder jsonCLI option
- The HTTP-JSON API log level can be configured with the
- A bugfix has been backported for the HTTP-JSON API that prevents an error if a large number of contracts are deleted at once from the query store (the error is reported on the Oracle database and causes a stack overflow exception on the HTTP-JSON API server process on PostgreSQL)
- The HTTP-JSON API now backpressures instead of accumulating ever larger updates if the query store cannot keep up with the writes
- The HTTP-JSON API now uses a configurable pool to manage connections to the query store
- The interpretation of a command is now retried up to 3 times in case of a race with other transactions. This fix drastically reduces the likelihood of the error "Could not find a suitable ledger time after 0 retries". For every update in the index database log the full context can be found at the INFO level.
You can install 1.11.3 using:
daml install 1.11.3