NuID integrates DAML to provide a decentralized authentication solution that eliminates the need for enterprises to store, manage, and protect passwords and other user authentication data. Enterprises that implement NuID’s DAML-based solution eliminate the risk of a credential breach altogether: with nothing to store, there’s nothing to steal! The NuID platform combines DAML with advances in zero knowledge cryptography. The solution runs on a distributed ledger to enable end-users (customers or employees) to prove that they know their authentication secrets without having to reveal them or send them across a network. This creates a “trustless” system, where end-users own their own authentication data and no longer have to trust services to protect it. The solution comes in the form of a lightweight REST API that functions as a thin layer within a larger enterprise Identity and Access Management (IAM) stack. NuID’s unified protocol for strong authentication is factor-agnostic: it supports passwords, tokens, and biometrics – enabling businesses to reduce security risks and streamline the user experience.
- Eliminates the risk of a credential breach
- Eliminates the need to store user credentials
- Empowers users to “own” their own authentication data
- Enables companies to embrace a decentralized identity model where users can port their identities between different services that use NuID
- DAML integration allows the solution to run on multiple ledgers or databases